Are the usual arithmetic conversions exactly the same for C++ as C?

James Tursa

Are the usual arithmetic conversions (e.g., converting smaller width
integer types to int before doing the arithmetic operation) exactly
the same for C++ as they are for C?

James Tursa

James Tursa

Are the usual arithmetic conversions (e.g., converting smaller width
integer types to int before doing the arithmetic operation) exactly
the same for C++ as they are for C?

James Tursa

Standard C specifically. I know there are differences between Standard
C and Traditional C.

James Tursa

James Kanze

Are the usual arithmetic conversions (e.g., converting smaller
width integer types to int before doing the arithmetic
operation) exactly the same for C++ as they are for C?

Yes. At least, there are no intentional differences.