Array.shuffle()?

James Edward Gray II

I've been wondering lately, is there any particular reason Array
doesn't have a shuffle() method? I realize it's pretty simple to roll
my own, but this seems useful in many situations so I'm surprised it's
not part of the core. Any thoughts?

James Edward Gray II

Robert Klemme

James Edward Gray II said:
I've been wondering lately, is there any particular reason Array
doesn't have a shuffle() method? I realize it's pretty simple to roll
my own, but this seems useful in many situations so I'm surprised it's
not part of the core. Any thoughts?

I'd assume the reason is that there might be arbitrary many shuffle
implementations with no obvious default implementation. I guess there are
many algos that need shuffling with certain properties.

Just a wild guess though...

robert