ArrayList Not Working

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Chuck Insight, Feb 16, 2005.

  1. I'm very new to ASP.Net programing, so I hope I can explain my situation adequately. Please Help.
    Compiler Error Message:
    Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'Write' can be called with these arguments:

    Code snippits within Try.aspx:
    <%@ Page Language="VB" Explicit="True" Debug="true" %>

    <script runat="server">
    Public Universe as Arraylist = New ArrayList()
    Public Temp = (int(rnd * 48) + 1), I, U, X as Integer
    Public Fill as String

    Public sub Populate()
    for U = 1 to 10
    U = Temp.ToString = Fill
    Universe.Add(Fill)
    next U
    End sub
    </Script>

    <%Response.Write(Universe())%> Universe<BR>bb
    </Body></html>

    Please answer two questions:
    1 - Is this the correct way to populate this arraylist?
    2 - Since this is failing, how should I retrieve the arraylist values?

    Thanks very much,
    Chuck
    Chuck Insight, Feb 16, 2005