    hi frens
    i am writing a VHDL test bench.i want to read a file in ASCII format.
    Cann any one tell me if thr is any package available.
    priya, Sep 10, 2007

  2. priya

    devices Guest

    "priya" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi frens
    > i am writing a VHDL test bench.i want to read a file in ASCII format.
    > Cann any one tell me if thr is any package available.

    Call the following function

    Google("vhdl textio");

    or call the following method

    Google.searchFor("vhdl textio");

    it will return what you need.
    devices, Sep 10, 2007

  3. priya

    priya Guest

    thanx for ur reply
    i m reading a file in ASCII format then have to convert it to
    std_logic_vector
    n write it back
    is thr any function for this interconversion
    like for int i know its conv_intteger()
    but for char for string
    is thr any
    n in which library

    priya, Sep 11, 2007
  4. priya

    devices Guest

    "priya" <> wrote in message
    > thanx for ur reply
    > i m reading a file in ASCII format then have to convert it to
    > std_logic_vector
    > n write it back
    > is thr any function for this interconversion
    > like for int i know its conv_intteger()
    > but for char for string
    > is thr any
    > n in which library
    >
    > devices wrote:
    > > "priya" <> wrote in message
    > > > hi frens
    > > > i am writing a VHDL test bench.i want to read a file in ASCII format.
    > > > Cann any one tell me if thr is any package available.
    > > >

    > > Call the following function
    > >
    > > Google("vhdl textio");
    > >
    > > or call the following method
    > >
    > > Google.searchFor("vhdl textio");
    > >
    > > it will return what you need.

    Bookmark this:

    http://www.csee.umbc.edu/help/VHDL/stdpkg.html

    Take a look at this:

    http://www.csee.umbc.edu/help/VHDL/std_logic_textio.vhdl

    And talking about conversions,

    convert "ur", "i m", "n" and the threatening "thr" back
    into their original form.
    devices, Sep 11, 2007