    which can assist vc compiling are also appreciated.

    Thank you!
    yanwan
    yanwan, Dec 7, 2004

  2. yanwan wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest a tool used with visual studio, which is able to clearly
    > show how a program is run? For a large c++ project, it is always difficult
    > for me to see which process runs first, which process runs last. If it is
    > clear, it will be much easier to build the program. Any other similar tools
    > which can assist vc compiling are also appreciated.

    I strongly recommend you to ask in a Visual Studio newsgroup or in
    a newsgroup for your OS (MS Windows, undoubtedly). They know more
    about available tools, especially the tools you described, which are
    very platform-specific.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 7, 2004

  3. yanwan

    Mike Wahler Guest

    "yanwan" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone suggest a tool used with visual studio, which is able to

    clearly
    > show how a program is run? For a large c++ project, it is always difficult
    > for me to see which process runs first, which process runs last. If it is
    > clear, it will be much easier to build the program. Any other similar

    tools
    > which can assist vc compiling are also appreciated.

    <OT>
    The debugger that's built into Visual Studio will let
    you single step through your program's source, set
    breakpoints, etc. See your documentation and/or a Visual
    Studio newsgroup for more details.
    </OT>

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Dec 7, 2004
  4. yanwan

    Pablo Guest

    Get familiar with your compilers debugger. The Visual Studio has an
    extremely powerful debugger which will allow you to step, line by line
    through code, and even watch the 'call stack', variables during runtime etc.
    This question is more appropriate for a microsoft newsgroup.

    Paul

    Pablo, Dec 8, 2004