ASM Help

toddneumiller

I am trying to convert some asm to c. Learning asm as I go...

LINIT: .DB 38H ;
.DB 0CH ;
.DB 06H ;
LSIZZ .EQU $-LINIT ;

My question what is the LSOZZ equal?

Alex Hunsley

toddneumiller said:
I am trying to convert some asm to c. Learning asm as I go...

LINIT: .DB 38H ;
.DB 0CH ;
.DB 06H ;
LSIZZ .EQU $-LINIT ;

My question what is the LSOZZ equal?
Did you accidently send this to the wrong newsgroup by any chance?
Assembley and C aren't related to java in a direct way.
alex

toddneumiller

Yes I did.. :)

Alex said:
Did you accidently send this to the wrong newsgroup by any chance?
Assembley and C aren't related to java in a direct way.
alex

Roedy Green

LINIT: .DB 38H ;
.DB 0CH ;
.DB 06H ;
LSIZZ .EQU $-LINIT ;

My question what is the LSOZZ equal?
undefined from the amount of information you have given.

nos

Actually, the answer is three.

".EQU" stands for equal
$ refers to the current location
LINIT refers to the location at the start of that line
three bytes are being defined
So the difference between these locations is 3

HTH

Joona I Palaste

nos said:
Actually, the answer is three.
".EQU" stands for equal
$ refers to the current location
LINIT refers to the location at the start of that line
three bytes are being defined
So the difference between these locations is 3

Um, not to be a spoilsport of anything, but LSIZZ and LSOZZ are
different things.

Sudsy

toddneumiller said:
I am trying to convert some asm to c. Learning asm as I go...

LINIT: .DB 38H ;
.DB 0CH ;
.DB 06H ;
LSIZZ .EQU $-LINIT ;

My question what is the LSOZZ equal?

3

(the difference between the current location counter and the
label LINIT...you've got three bytes defined)

Roedy Green

quoted :

I still maintain the answer is undefined.
If he had asked what LSIZZ was, the answer would be three.
LSOZZ is undefined.

EJP

The answer is undefined until somebody defines the assembly language we
are talking about.