ASP and Javascript problem

Kamyk

Hello all!

I have problem with code. Firstly I have created the VBScript code which
count me the time and days which left to the end of working week. I work
from 8:00 am till 4 pm.
I would like to show this information on the screen by using "input form
element" and using onload event which is refreshed after every 1 second.
Unfortunately I don`t want
to replace vbscript code on javascript code to do so. I want to have
vbscirpt. Could you do me a favour and rebuild this code below to make it
properly working.

I would be very grateful if you could help me
Regards
and thanx for help
Marcin from Poland
-----------------------

<HTML>
<HEAD>

<% @language=vbscript %>
<%
function funkcja_czas()
dim roznica_koniec_dnia_pracy,roznica_koniec_tygodnia, roznica_czas_m,
roznica_czas_h, roznica_czas_s, znacznik_dnia1,znacznik_dnia2,
znacznik_dnia, czas

roznica_koniec_tygodnia=(7-weekday(date,vbMonday))

roznica_koniec_dnia_pracy=roznica_koniec_tygodnia-2
roznica_czas_h=(DateDiff("h",Time,CDate("16:00:00"))-1)

if Hour(Time)<16 then
czas=Cdate(Cstr(Hour((Time+Cdate("01:00:00")))) & ":00:00")
roznica_czas_m=(DateDiff("n",time,czas))
czas=Cdate(Cstr(Hour(Time) & ":" & Minute(Time+Cdate("00:01:00")) & ":00"))
roznica_czas_s=(DateDiff("s",time,czas))
if roznica_czas_s=60 then
roznica_czas_s=0
end if
else
roznica_czas_m=0
end if

if roznica_koniec_dnia_pracy=1 then
znacznik_dnia1="dzieñ"
else
znacznik_dnia1="dni"
end if

if roznica_koniec_tygodnia=2 then
znacznik_dnia2="dzieñ"
else
znacznik_dnia2="dni"
end if

funkcja_czas= ("Koniec tygodnia nastapi za " & roznica_koniec_tygodnia & " "
& znacznik_dnia2 & "<BR>" & "Koniec tygodnia pracy nastapi za " &
roznica_koniec_dnia_pracy &" "& znacznik_dnia1 & " " & roznica_czas_h & ":"
& roznica_czas_m & ":" & roznica_czas_s & " sec.")
end function
ff="1"
%>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--

function clock()
{

document.clock.time.value=
<%
ff
%>;
window.setTimeout("clock()", 900);
}

// -->
</SCRIPT>

</HEAD>

<BODY onload="clock();">

<form name="clock">
Time <input type=text name="time" size="20" style="border: 0">
</form>

Andy Dingley

Could you do me a favour and rebuild this code below to make it
properly working.

No - You have a misunderstanding here which is fundamental. You need
to understand this first.

ASP code runs on the server. It runs once, when the page is delivered.
It cannot run on a timer, or in response to a user action.

Client-side code runs on the client's browser. It is your only option
if you want things to happen on the page after the user has loaded it,
without re-loading the page.

Client-side code is nearly always writen in JavaScript. ASP code can
be JavaScript or VBScript.

WHICH LANGUAGE YOU WRITE IN DOES NOT CONTROL WHERE THE CODE RUNS!

Your current example is a mix of server-side VBScript and client-side
JavaScript. You need to re-write all of this into client-side code.

NORMALLY, you would write all of your client-side code in JavaScript.
But I think this page is just for you, and you're just using IE. IE
can also use VBScript on the client-side.

Take out the ASP, make all the code client-side, leave the code in
VBScript if you don't want to re-write it. Using .setTimeout() or
..setTimeoutInterval() is the right approach.

As a long-term improvement, I suggest learnign JavaScript and using it
for all your code, instead of VBScript. It's a better language.

aa

You mentioned ASP. I do not remember detailsm yet in ASP there is a method,
probably in Response object with allows to refresh the screen at a necessary
interval - will you check an ASP manual or consult on ASP NG