ASP and .NET SERVER

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by news.microsoft.com, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. ASP old websites .... working fine with .NET 2003 and IIS 6 ?

    news.microsoft.com, Jul 7, 2003

  2. I have not had a problem with any of my classic ASP websites. There is some
    configuration work you may need to do though, because of Windows Server
    2003's tighter default security. One is that you'll need to enable ASP pages
    to execute on the server. Another that you may need to do is enable parent
    paths for include directives. (see http://support.microsoft.com/?id=332117)

    --
    James J. Foster, DotNetCoders
    http://www.dotnetcoders.com

    James J. Foster, Jul 7, 2003

  3. news.microsoft.com

    Angus Logan Guest

    Hi,
    I have found a few issues upgrading websites on Framework 1.0 to
    Framework 1.1, only little things like ValidateRequest not allowing tags to
    get posted to the server etc.

    cheers,
    angus

    Angus Logan, Jul 7, 2003
  4. Yes. First of all, the .Net platform doesn't affect other technologies
    installed on the server. It only works with .Net applications. Second,
    ASP.Net is a completely different ISAPI than ASP. The 2 are not related in
    any way. And IIS 6 is just the next (and best, so far) generation of IIS. I
    have tested both ASP and ASP.Net (including within the same web) on Windows
    Server 2003 running IIS 6, with no problems at all.

    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft FrontPage MVP
    Internet Developer