ASP appending extra cache-control header

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by ethan, May 3, 2005.

  1. ethan

    ethan Guest

    IIS/ASP appears to be adding extra (unwanted) cache-control headers to all
    requests handled by ASP and ASP.NET. This does not happen for HTM, JS, GIF,
    etc requests. How can I prevent the addition of this extra header?

    I've set the following HTTP Headers for the entire "Default Web Site" under
    IIS (ver 5):
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Pragma: no-cache

    When IE sends the following request:
    GET /test/test.asp HTTP/1.1
    Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg,
    application/x-shockwave-flash, application/vnd.ms-excel,
    application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*
    Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 22:36:02 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Pragma: no-cache