    Tom Guest

    I have tried three ways of opening word documents on my win95 machines.
    (Yes, my client still has some win95 machine)
    #1-With Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment;
    filename=yourfilenamehere.doc"
    #2-With Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "inline;
    filename=yourfilenamehere.doc"
    #3 without the content-Disposition header.

    #1 is not good because it forces the user through two dialogs.
    #2,#3 seem good because they open the document in IE,
    but the window does not have the corresponding document toolbar,
    so the user can not saveAs xxx.doc

    How can I accomplish # 2 or #3 with IE showing a word document toolbar?

    TIA--
    Tom

    Tom, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Tom wrote:
    > I have tried three ways of opening word documents on my win95
    > machines. (Yes, my client still has some win95 machine)
    > #1-With Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment;
    > filename=yourfilenamehere.doc"
    > #2-With Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "inline;
    > filename=yourfilenamehere.doc"
    > #3 without the content-Disposition header.
    >
    > #1 is not good because it forces the user through two dialogs.
    > #2,#3 seem good because they open the document in IE,
    > but the window does not have the corresponding document toolbar,
    > so the user can not saveAs xxx.doc

    He can still use File>Save As can't he?

    > How can I accomplish # 2 or #3 with IE showing a word document
    > toolbar?

    This is controlled on the user's machine. there is no way to control this
    from asp server-side code.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 23, 2006

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Nope....The window header area only contains the document ruler,
    nothing else. No toolbars/menus at all.
    --
    Tom

    Tom, Feb 23, 2006