ASP Creating word documents(content-disposition)

Tom

I have tried three ways of opening word documents on my win95 machines.
(Yes, my client still has some win95 machine)
#1-With Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename=yourfilenamehere.doc"
#2-With Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "inline;
filename=yourfilenamehere.doc"
#3 without the content-Disposition header.

#1 is not good because it forces the user through two dialogs.
#2,#3 seem good because they open the document in IE,
but the window does not have the corresponding document toolbar,
so the user can not saveAs xxx.doc

How can I accomplish # 2 or #3 with IE showing a word document toolbar?

TIA--
Tom

Bob Barrows [MVP]

#1-With Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment;
filename=yourfilenamehere.doc"
#2-With Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "inline;
filename=yourfilenamehere.doc"
#3 without the content-Disposition header.

#1 is not good because it forces the user through two dialogs.
#2,#3 seem good because they open the document in IE,
but the window does not have the corresponding document toolbar,
so the user can not saveAs xxx.doc

He can still use File>Save As can't he?
How can I accomplish # 2 or #3 with IE showing a word document
toolbar?

This is controlled on the user's machine. there is no way to control this
from asp server-side code.

Tom

Nope....The window header area only contains the document ruler,
nothing else. No toolbars/menus at all.