ASP Database Problem

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Sunlight Software, Mar 30, 2005.

  1. I have a windows200 server running iis5. I have a number of websites on the
    server, most of them using asp and either MSAccess or Sql Server databases.

    Every now and then all the pages that access a database slow way down or
    time out. I have spent a lot of time trying to track this down and have not
    found anything that would work. Here is my story.

    I know it's not a "pure" asp problem because test asp pages that don't
    access a database will load just fine.

    Around the time of the problem I often time see the following error, but not
    always.
    Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The server is:
    {00020906-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
    The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable.
    (I have done this.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290398)

    Other websites on other servers that access the same SQL Server work just
    fine.

    VB programs running on other computers that are running against a database
    on the server with the websites that are having problems sometimes error
    out. at about the same time.

    The processor on the server always drops to almost zero during the time the
    pages are not working right.

    Sometimes the problems clears all on it's own.

    Sometimes I have to run iisreset to stop and start the server. Sometimes it
    won't restart and I have to reboot.

    My gut tells me that it's not related to iis or asp but I don't know that.

    I have always had some network problems with this server where from time to
    time a workstation may take a few seconds to browse the files.

    Confused? I am!!!

    Please help!!!!!

    Thanks, Tom

    Sunlight Software, Mar 30, 2005