ASP Directory Listing!!!!

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Adam, Dec 29, 2004.

  1. Adam

    Adam Guest

    I am running IIS and using asp, I want to be able to list a directory/
    content of a folder using asp, and display it in a table using html.

    I have seen many examples but have not been able to get them to work

    All my html & asp are in a folder called webserver in the following
    directory c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\

    And I want to be able to display the content of a folder called folder which
    is located within the webserver directory

    I want to do it with asp instead of allowing directory browsing within IIS.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks

    Adam, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Adam

    Morris Guest

    Adam wrote:
    > I am running IIS and using asp, I want to be able to list a directory/
    > content of a folder using asp, and display it in a table using html.
    >

    > I have seen many examples but have not been able to get them to work

    You should at least provide an example of on of the many examples you
    have not been able to get working properly, together with the error
    messages you have experienced, otherwise no one knows which bit you are
    having trouble with - reading the contents of a directory, or outputting
    it to a table.

    Morris

    Morris, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Adam

    ljb Guest

    "Adam" <> wrote in message
    > I am running IIS and using asp, I want to be able to list a directory/
    > content of a folder using asp, and display it in a table using html.
    >

    > I have seen many examples but have not been able to get them to work
    >

    > All my html & asp are in a folder called webserver in the following
    > directory c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\
    >

    > And I want to be able to display the content of a folder called folder

    which
    > is located within the webserver directory
    >

    > I want to do it with asp instead of allowing directory browsing within

    IIS.

    > Can anyone help?
    >

    > Thanks

    I have had success using http://www.romankoch.ch/capslock/standaloners.htm.
    The code is well documented and identifies the items needing customization.

    ljb, Dec 29, 2004
  4. http://www.aspfaq.com/2025

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/