asp displaying long raw field

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Bob Bob, Mar 6, 2005.

  1. Bob Bob

    Bob Bob Guest

    Hi All,

    I have an Oracle database which has a field LONG RAW type to store text
    files. I'm trying to display the output of this field in ASP but I'm
    having
    problems.

    I've gone through many different approaches but they either do nothing
    or do
    the following;

    I've tried doing response.binarywrite(rs("data_object")) and I get
    something
    like below

    <S¿OA~·Ç¸ä?R~m$!»Ä!SZ ÷Ð#Å1ì
    ï+Kìïzü@'6ºMè¥Ô0Ù._
    ..
    úM®AÁ"!Ò1Ë&OûTJâÐSàþMצU^§&oM>¼ëØ,-!VI(.£Öi#D×3îP¹X´`¤³io'N
    ¢G~cl
    P?«Ä3;'´ûð4 zñij1aéi?0Öuí*' ÅGÁ
    ò;äb?O¹?_ÆNÖ,,<®e­uA@¦µųzJ"áê_Zª+#1=¦ §r½ß?~ßþs­y"z.Ä'~Ð
    Aef{õ(Xºñê;èSß,Ú9"ìÌÂ\2ÖH7R?SÑYïÞÿ~òl^fO ¹&ñB
    îä­.þO^N<×'SúÈÙ¤ì¼ò³Zq¡í^LÂŶ¯©ðlW8'­;'òZûíÕíÇ<2dM±I@ì¤%¶
    >ehÂõkT? · ºe,Dul«knîì)ÈÅ"j¼´P´Z«J^|¹ûvXNy­²òS×ü???t>_Yïyóúƶâ

    êO²zm×#ZC'? ¥fs¥z"éè !ŧSÂãxɸ%¸­Æ".Ϩ׫-{®*×X¥¤N.4J^ÄnÄ
    ÔE&¯MÎL!ô-WÖCÎ$jYWh-ÿ © T Ò.özs® ªND?ér¦ÞÎDJ`º~O¦g.U)ݶ6§ç""sej»qò
    s\FÓ'ÿ^öbäO

    The data type is adLongVarBinary and ive seen some sites suggest binary
    multibyte but I have no idea how to do that or if its on the write
    lines.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Many many many thanks in advance :eek:)
    Bob

    Bob Bob, Mar 6, 2005

  2. Bob Bob wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have an Oracle database which has a field LONG RAW type to store

    Yes, we read that the first time you posted it! We even saw it when you
    posted it last week. You got some suggestions ten, as I recall. Why not
    continue the conversation by adding new information in the original thread?

    Reposting it every few hours will not make it more likely to be answered. On
    the contrary, it will make it more likely that you will be ignored.

    There are many reasons for not getting answers to your questions. The one
    that applied to this one (at least for me) was the "I don't know" reason. I
    rarely use binary fields in SQL Server, and I've never used Oracle. You
    might try an ADO or Oracle newsgroup.

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Mar 6, 2005

  3. Bob Bob

    bob Guest

    Opps, I've been having problems with none of the messages I posted showing
    up in outlook express.
    I had to rebuild my pc a couple of weeks ago and I thought that I had some
    setting wrong, so I did a resend but still no joy. Thats why I tried
    sending the question via http://www.developersdex.com

    Apologies to all for there been several repeats. I wonder if it was because
    of the binary data example in the email which was why It didnt show up and
    any replies?
    Hopefully this will come up and I can try those examples that I have found
    to the replies on http://www.developersdex.com.

    Many thanks for all your replies, hopefully one of them will work :eek:)

    bob, Mar 6, 2005
  4. Bob Bob

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "bob" <> writing in

    > Opps, I've been having problems with none of the messages I posted
    > showing up in outlook express.
    > I had to rebuild my pc a couple of weeks ago and I thought that I had
    > some setting wrong, so I did a resend but still no joy. Thats why I
    > tried sending the question via http://www.developersdex.com

    My suggestion to you is to get a better news reader. I like XNews -
    <http://xnews.newsguy.com/>.

    You can also use Google Groups to see if a particular message has been
    posted/replied to.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info