ASP doesn't connect

jp2code

Is there any way to tell if the server is processing my asp?
http://www.joeswelding.biz/mail/index2.htm

If you look at the page above, you will immediately see that my asp code is
filling my text boxes.

If you go a step further and view the source, you will see that the asp
"start of code" characters "<%" show up on the very first line. Hey! That's
not supposed to happen, is it?

BTW: I'm a Classic ASP newbie.

Anthony Jones

jp2code said:
Is there any way to tell if the server is processing my asp?
http://www.joeswelding.biz/mail/index2.htm

If you look at the page above, you will immediately see that my asp code is
filling my text boxes.

If you go a step further and view the source, you will see that the asp
"start of code" characters "<%" show up on the very first line. Hey! That's
not supposed to happen, is it?

BTW: I'm a Classic ASP newbie.

ASP will process ASP files. Change your file extenstion from htm to asp.

jp2code

Ah! Ok.

Does this rule apply to web pages that start with a code section only, or do
small "script-lets" (like example below) also require the page to have an
asp extension?

Ex:
<b>The current date is <%=Date()%> and the current time is <%=Time()%>.</b>

Thanks for helping!
Joe

Dave Anderson

jp2code said:
Does this rule apply to web pages that start with a code section only,
or do small "script-lets" (like example below) also require the page
to have an asp extension?

Ex:
<b>The current date is <%=Date()%> and the current time is

If you want asp.dll to parse the script, it needs an extension that IIS is
configured to parse with asp.dll. By default, this extension is .asp, but
you can configure the server to parse other extensions that way as well.