asp:dropdownlist autopostback each page load

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Albert, Jun 24, 2009.

  1. Albert

    Albert Guest

    Hello,

    I have an asp drop down list that I need to have posted back to the
    server every time the page loads. The page returns a list of items
    that match the string input. The inputstr loads into an xml page that
    calls a SQL stored procedure. The xml/sql combination also has a
    paging function. The problem is that when the user goes to the next
    page, the inputstr returns null (because the dropdownlist is not being
    re-selected) so the list will not be returned.

    Thanks for any help.

    <asp:DropDownList ID="inputstr" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">
    <asp:ListItem Value="string1">String 1</asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Value="string2">String 2</asp:ListItem>
    <asp:ListItem Value="string3">String 3</asp:ListItem>
    </asp:DropDownList>

    Albert, Jun 24, 2009