asp:dropdownlist autopostback each page load

Albert

Hello,

I have an asp drop down list that I need to have posted back to the
server every time the page loads. The page returns a list of items
that match the string input. The inputstr loads into an xml page that
calls a SQL stored procedure. The xml/sql combination also has a
paging function. The problem is that when the user goes to the next
page, the inputstr returns null (because the dropdownlist is not being
re-selected) so the list will not be returned.

Thanks for any help.

<asp:DropDownList ID="inputstr" runat="server" AutoPostBack="True">
<asp:ListItem Value="string1">String 1</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Value="string2">String 2</asp:ListItem>
<asp:ListItem Value="string3">String 3</asp:ListItem>
</asp:DropDownList>