ASP file system object question ...

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Rick Simons, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Rick Simons

    Rick Simons Guest

    I have multiple IIS servers, all the same version and patch level. However,
    a recursive file display page that works on 2 of my servers, doesn't work on
    the third.

    strPhysicalPath = Server.MapPath(".")
    strPhysicalPath = strPhysicalPath & "\"
    For Each file In objFSO.GetFolder(strPhysicalPath).Files

    Like I said, it works on all the other IIS boxes except one. The page just
    processes, but never displays an error, timeout or otherwise. it just sits
    there. I've checked the IIS settings and they are the same as the machines
    that the script works on. I've reinstalled IIS to see if it was something
    with iislockdown, but still nothing. i've even formatted and installed
    clean just to make sure there were no 3rd party security applications
    causing trouble behind the scenes.

    Does anyone have any thoughts about what it could be in IIS that is causing
    this to fail?
    Rick Simons, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Norton VirusTM?
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2180

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Jul 7, 2004

  3. Rick Simons

    Rick Simons Guest

    I added iusr_hostname to read & execute, read and list folder contents
    security credentials on the folder and still having the same problem.

    I changed it to try to hit a different folder and same issue. Any thoughts?
    It is very simple code, just created to show all xyz file extensions in a
    folder and create a link ... very simple. Frustrating though to see it work
    on two servers but fail on a 3rd.

    Rick Simons, Jul 7, 2004
  4. Rick Simons

    Rick Simons Guest

    Thanks Aaron, I believe it is the norton script blocker as that is on server
    x but not y and z.

    I appreciate your time,

    Rick.

    Rick Simons, Jul 7, 2004