<asp:FileUpload> produces different text boxes on different browsers.

AAaron123

<asp:FileUpload ID="FileUploadGetZip" runat="server" Width="750px"
Style="width: 750px;" />

IE8 makes a textbox the specified size.

Firefox makes one that is too small.

GoogleChrome makes no box at all.

Is there a way to make them all produce a reasonable text box so I can
verify the file picked before I upload it.

Thanks

AAaron123

Mark said:

I found in the links a suggestion to use the size attribute.
This works in FF but not IE8 so I added Style/width and it now works in
both.
GoogleChrome doesn't display the text at all so maybe there is no hope
there.

However, when I tried to look up "size" neither asp:FileUpload nor
input/file has such an attribute.
I wanted to read because I like to read about whatever I use but also
because of the cut and try value I found to work for size. The element
shown below displays about the same size in FF and IE8.
Note the 100px vs 750px!

<asp:FileUpload runat="server" Size="100px" Style="width:750px" />

I removed the ID

Why can't I find the size attribute documentation?

Why does 100px disply like it was 750px?

Thanks