ASP - first and last day of each week in a year

Charlotte

Hi,

is it possible to determine the first and the last day of a week (with
classic ASP)

nu = "06/01/2008"
week = (DatePart("ww",nu))

firstday = dateadd("d",(-datepart("w",date())),nu)
lastday = dateadd("d",(7-datepart("w",date())),nu)

response.write week
response.write "<br>"
response.Write firstday
response.write "<br>"
response.Write lastday

'week' must give me the number of the week for the date in 'nu'
'firstday' must give me the first date of that week
'lastday' must give me the last date of that week

it won't work

is there a way to do this?

thanks in advance

Evertjan.

Charlotte wrote on 04 jan 2008 in

is it possible to determine the first and the last day of a week (with
classic ASP)

nu = "06/01/2008"

This is dangerous, did you mean the first of june, nee toch?

Use:

nu = #2008/01/06#

So now nu is a date object and you are sure to have 'overmorgen'.
week = (DatePart("ww",nu))

week = Weekday(nu, 1)

[1 means sunday is the first day of the week,
so 1 = sunday, 7 is saturday]
firstday = dateadd("d",(-datepart("w",date())),nu)

firstday = dateadd("d", 1 - week, nu)
lastday = dateadd("d",(7-datepart("w",date())),nu)

lastday = firstday + 6
response.write week
response.write "<br>"
response.Write firstday
response.write "<br>"
response.Write lastday

'week' must give me the number of the week for the date in 'nu'
'firstday' must give me the first date of that week
'lastday' must give me the last date of that week

it won't work

Never say that in a NG like this,
show error texts and what you did to debug.
is there a way to do this?

thanks in advance

so use this:

nu = #2008/01/09#