ASP HTTP GET method problem

SIMON GARE

Hi

I have a service provider that's sends sms messages from clients mobile
phones to my asp page, problem is I don't know how to show the data and they
are not being helpful.
The process is simple as outlined below (instructions from service provider)

Example: If you provide this: http://www.yourdomain.com/sms/sms.asp then we
will do a post via a standard HTTP GET as follow:

http://www.yourdomain.com/sms/sms.a...-06+12:32:10&text=xxx&charset=ISO-8859-1&udh=

How do I receive the url with the parameters in the address bar? the service
provider wont help anymore

Thanks in advance

Regards

Simon

Martin Honnen

SIMON said:
Example: If you provide this: http://www.yourdomain.com/sms/sms.asp then we
will do a post via a standard HTTP GET as follow:

http://www.yourdomain.com/sms/sms.a...-06+12:32:10&text=xxx&charset=ISO-8859-1&udh=

How do I receive the url with the parameters in the address bar? the service
provider wont help anymore

What exactly is the problem? If you author sms.asp then all you need to
do is read e.g.
Request.QueryString("from")
Request.QueryString("to")
to read out the values passed in the query string of the HTTP GET request.

SIMON GARE

Hi martin,

if I could see the URL I would be ok but even though the sms.asp page is
open the url doesn't change even on refresh, I know they say that they post
the data but how do I receive it?

Simon

Martin Honnen

SIMON said:
if I could see the URL I would be ok but even though the sms.asp page is
open the url doesn't change even on refresh, I know they say that they post
the data but how do I receive it?

It sounds to me that they want you set up an ASP page called sms.asp on
your server which they call. As for reading out values, I have already
posted that you can read e.g.
Request.QueryString("from")

McKirahan

SIMON GARE said:
Hi

I have a service provider that's sends sms messages from clients mobile
phones to my asp page, problem is I don't know how to show the data and they
are not being helpful.
The process is simple as outlined below (instructions from service
provider)

[snip]

http://www.aspfaq.com/5003