ASP.Net 2.0 | Cancel a search query on web page

tirath

hi,
I have a web site where user provide some search criteria and click on
button "Search". I want to provide a "Cancel" button which user can
click. In case search takes long, user clicks on Cancel and he remains
on the
same page without any result. basically i do not want web client to
wait for result. he should get option to cancel.

Please help me, this is urgent.
Thanks

densial

hi,
I have a web site where user provide some search criteria and click on
button "Search". I want to provide a "Cancel" button which user can
click. In case search takes long, user clicks on Cancel and he remains
on the
same page without any result. basically i do not want web client to
wait for result. he should get option to cancel.

Please help me, this is urgent.
Thanks

you probably can't do a server side cancel, but can't you do something
like a client side javascript cancel? possibly with a back if your
hitting a new page?

tirath

you probably can't do a server side cancel, but can't you do something
like a client side javascript cancel? possibly with a back if your
hitting a new page?

hi densial,
thanks for replying.
I do not want to do server side cancel. All i want is that client to
stop waiting for server side response. so that even when server
rsponse comes back, thre is no client waiting for it and hence it is
dropped. I am not hitting a new page. I want user to be on same page.
Can u please help me with how to do this on client side. This is very
important, my customer badly wants this.
Thanks again.