ASP.NET 2.0 - Cannot add Resource

Guest

Hi everyone.
i'm having some problems with the global resources in asp.net 2.0. i boiled
it doen to this:
i create a brand new website and add an App_GlobalResources folder. I then
add to this folder 2 resource files named:
MyResource.resx
MyResource.yi.resx
Then I build the site and get the following Error Message in the Error List:
The namespace 'Resources' already contains a definition for 'MyResource'
In file: App_GlobalResources.sg8-m9lm.1.cs
What I find is that if I change the "yi" to, for instance, "fr", then there
is no error. additionally if i rename the "MyResource.resx" to something else
like "MyOtherResource.resx", then it builds Ok, but then I dont have
strong-typed access to the rsource files.
What can the problem be? I would appreciate any lead. On google I didn't get
a single reference to this specific problem.
Thankfully,
YisMan

nazeem.khan

May be you need to check you config file there. The name change may not
be reflecting over there.

Nazim

Guest

Thanks. The web.config file does not contain the word resource or myresource
at all. Actually I searched the solution and found no reference to the word
"myresource".
In any case, to make sure it is not the config file, I simply deleted it
from the solution. For good measure, I also deleted the App_Code folder and
the Default.aspx that came along in the solution.
My solution now exists entirely of only the App_GlobalResources folder and
the 2 resource files within it:
MyResource.resx
MyResource.yi.resx
and the same error still persists.