    and ViewState rehydration, and also let the checkbox click() event
    participate properly.

    Thanks.

    lucius, May 24, 2007

  2. "lucius" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Can someone provide a sample of how to add a new CheckBox control to
    > an ASP.NET page, dynamically completely in code-behind? I am having a
    > problem understanding which event should handle the control creation
    > and ViewState rehydration, and also let the checkbox click() event
    > participate properly.

    something like this

    CheckBox cb = new CheckBox();
    cb.Text = "Select";
    cb.AutoPostBack = true;
    cb.CheckedChanged +=new EventHandler(cbChanged);
    Controls.Add(cb);

    public void cbChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {
    CheckBox cb= (CheckBox) sender;
    Response.Write(cb.Checked)
    }

    Alexey Smirnov, May 24, 2007

  3. lucius

    lucius Guest

    Thanks, but in which event is the control created? And will multiple
    checkboxes get recreated on each page touch? And will ViewState get
    rehydrated properly? And will the dynamic checkbox have access to
    Session?

    Thanks.

    lucius, May 24, 2007
  4. Hi lucius,

    For dynamically created controls in ASP.NET web page, the creation and
    event handler wireup should be performed in either Load or Init event(also
    could be PreInit or other pre... in ASP.NET 2.0). "Init" is preferred since
    LoadViewState occurs after "Init" event and before "Load" event.

    #HOW TO: Dynamically Create Controls in ASP.NET by Using Visual C# .NET
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/317794

    Hope this helps.

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], May 25, 2007
  5. Hi Lucius,

    Have you got any progress on this? If there is still anything we can help,
    please feel free to post here.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], May 30, 2007
  6. lucius

    lucius Guest