asp.net 2.0 gridview ImageField link

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by lego, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. lego

    lego Guest

    New to ASP.NET 2.0

    I am using a GridView bound to a sql-database

    I have on column set as an ImageField. This works fine. It
    dynamically gets the file name from the bound database and display
    what is a "thumbnail" image. Each row, of course, has a different
    image. This works perfectly.

    My question is; How can I change the above described column to enable
    the user to click on the "thumbnail image" and have then act as a
    HyperLinkField column would, that is it would then link to another
    image an display in a frame on the same page, the full-size image.

    I do have another column (HyperLinkField) which the user may click on,
    and it does work correct. However what I need is to "combine the
    two."

    In other words, all I need is the GridView (bounded to a database) to
    display a thumbnail image, and when clicked on, brings up another
    image in a named-frame on the same page.

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks for listening!
    lego, Mar 29, 2007