ASP.Net 2.0 Insert new item, then display this new item in Edit mo

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Ann, Mar 28, 2007.

  1. Ann

    Ann Guest

    I want to insert a new item using the insert item template, then I want to to
    display back the edit item template with this new record. I understand how
    to use a sub routine to change the formview default mode to edit, but how do
    I change my dropdownlist value to this new record?

    My SQL query using a WHERE statement that retreives the value from a
    dropdownlist control.

    Using the Protected Sub FormView1_ItemInserting(......
    sub routine, do I somehow capture the value entered in my textbox from my
    insert item template and make it the value in the drop down list?

    What is the syntax to do that, or is there another way to do it?

    DropDownList1.SelectedItem.Value = ????

    Thank you so much for your time.

    Ann

    Ann, Mar 28, 2007