ASP.NET 2.0 Login tool

Guest

I'm learning ASP.net 2.0 and was following this How Tos from MSDN called
How To: User Forms Authentication with Active Directory in ASP.net 2.0
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/paght000026.asp)

I followed the steps bit by bit and did the necessary changes to LDAP string
to reflect my local AD user containers. The problem i have is whenever I
tried to login from the login forms, i get this "Configuration Error" page
with Message below

"Parse Error Message: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object"

<membership defaultProvider="MyADMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<add name="MyADMembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" connectionStringName="ADConnectionString"
connectionUsername="Mydomain\username" connectionPassword="changed"/>
</providers>
</membership>

note: username and password as well as domain has been removed.