asp.net 2.0 membership password recovery without security question?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by jobs, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. jobs

    jobs Guest

    Using the delivered login controls, I see there is something for
    passwordrecovery. But I can't seem to find how to set properties so it
    does not ask me for my security question.

    Is there any way to use the delivered controls to do what most sites
    do today, where if I lost my password, I simply enter my user name or
    email address and it mails it to. If my user name or email are not in
    the database, I get an error, otherwise a new password is sent to me..
    without asking me any security question?

    Also, while creating users asp.net management utility insist that
    enter a secuirty question/password. Say I want to build my own
    interface to allow customer service to create new users. Any way to do
    this externally without entering a security password? if not, any way
    to let users enter update/change their security question and
    password?

    Can any of the above be be done with the CreateUser Wizzards, as per
    the popular how to video:

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-b3b8f93a86e4/hilo_membership-roles_final.wmv

    Thanks for any help or information.

    jobs, Jun 5, 2007