ASP.NET 2.0, WSS 3.0: a ASP.NET App in Folder of WSS 3.0->Sec.Exep

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Sven W., Jan 20, 2008.

  1. Sven W.

    Sven W. Guest

    Hi Newsgroup,

    i have the following enviroment. On Windows 2003r2 I have

    - WSS 3.0
    - .Net Framework 2.0
    - MSSQL 2005 Developer

    This is running fine. Besides the WSS I have a small web (asp.net)
    application that is accessing the MSSQL 2005 and displaying some crystal
    reports. This application is doing fine, aswell.. as it is running as a
    different "Website"

    But.. I want to move that small application to run as a virtual directory
    within the WSS folder.

    WSS: http://<dns domain name of server>
    Asp.Net application: http://<dns domain name of server>/applicationfolder

    when I run the application from the upper shown path, it throws an exeption:

    [SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
    'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission, System.Data, Version=2.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
    System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand,
    StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
    System.Security.PermissionSet.Demand() +81
    System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.DemandPermission() +55
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.PermissionDemand() +39
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.PermissionDemand(DbConnection
    outerConnection) +22
    System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection
    outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory) +105
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +111

    Why does the application in its own website, but not inside the website of
    WSS ?!!

    Thx in advance,

    Sven
    Sven W., Jan 20, 2008

  2. Sven W. wrote:
    > Hi Newsgroup,
    >
    > i have the following enviroment. On Windows 2003r2 I have
    >
    > - WSS 3.0
    > - .Net Framework 2.0
    > - MSSQL 2005 Developer

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest

    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 20, 2008