ASP.NET and checkbox

Dave

Hi all,

I'm new to ASP.NET and am working through a few exercises in a book to get
up to speed. First, some background:

I'm running SQL Server 2000 and have one field as a bit data type (0=false
or 1=true). On a form I have a check box that a user can check for whatever
reason. This field saves properly to the DB.

However, my problem is in editing the field. When I click a link to update
a record, the checkbox is always unchecked. If I leave it unchecked it
updates the field to show as false. I can't seem to get it to enable based
on the data from the dataset. it looks like I've got it set to dynamic as
well (I'm using Dreamweaver to develop).

In the parameter tag I have this:

<Parameter Name="@access" Value='<%# IIf((Request.Form("EditPages") <>
Nothing), Request.Form("access"), "") %>' Type="Boolean" />

And for the actual checkbox I have:

<asp:checkbox id="EditPages" runat="server" checked='<%#
IIf((dsUpdate.FieldValue("EditPages", Container) = "1"), true, false) %>' />

Now, again - new to ASP.NET (.NET in general) and I can't follow this logic.
An someone walk me through it? Also - why are If statements IIF (with 2
I's?)

Thanks for your newbie patience! :)

Dave

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Dave said:
Hi all,

I'm new to ASP.NET and am working through a few exercises in a book
to get up to speed. First, some background:

HTH,
Bob Barrows

Dave

Doh - thanks Bob! :)