    div into the main content div?

    Thanks in advance!
    Mike

    mikieg_99, Jul 29, 2004

  2. mikieg_99

    AsyaHubby Guest

    Yes if inside the main content is an Iframe

    AsyaHubby, Jul 29, 2004

  3. mikieg_99

    mikieg_99 Guest

    Thanks Asya...
    I've been told that iframes are evil and will mess up all cross-browser
    compatibility... they are kinda cool, but are they generally good
    practice?

    Mike

    mikieg_99, Jul 29, 2004
  4. As long as the divs are on the same page, why would you target a link in one
    to another? Are you talking about anchors?

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 29, 2004
  5. mikieg_99

    AsyaHubby Guest

    Cross Browser not an issue for me, I work for an IE only house so I dont
    have to worry.
    You can always use clientside webservice call and write the return string to
    the content div if you dont want to use IFrames??

    AsyaHubby, Jul 29, 2004
  6. mikieg_99

    mikieg_99 Guest

    Hi Kevin,
    Thanks for the response.

    No, I actually want to have a constant navigation pane on the left.

    I then want to click on one of these nav links and new content appears in
    the main content div.

    Essentially, I want to be able to treat a div exactly like an iframe.

    Apologies if this is a really basic thing... newbie here!

    Thanks in advance!
    Mike

    mikieg_99, Jul 30, 2004
  7. Hi Mike,

    I see. Well, since the page itself is not changing, it will either have to
    use JavaScript on the client side to change the content in the divs, or it
    will have to do a PostBack. However, in neither case will a hyperlink per se
    be needed. In other words, as you're using Divs, and not iFrames or Frames,
    you're not talking about changing the content in another browser instance.
    You're talking about changing the same page in the same browser instance.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 30, 2004