asp.net and excell.. file share problems

Robert Halstead

Hi guys, I have a asp.net web app and it's connecting to
an excell 2003 document (in another folder) via
OleDataAdapter. Everything works and all, it's just that
when I shutdown IE and try to access the excell document,
asp.net seems to still keep it and won't release it.
Excell gives some error saying it can't access it, but
It's when I terminate the asp.net process in the task
manager that the file is then released.

I'm wanting to know if there is a way to make asp.net
release the file so that changing the data is possible?
or for every time I need to change the data, I would have
to take down the web page?

Guest

I tried shutting down IIS web server, and asp.net still
kept it going.. so I'm not sure what's going on..

Oliver

To release the Web server's grip on some components, you sometimes need to
run this in the Run box:

net stop iisadmin /y

Use Task Manager to stop the Excel.exe process.

Then start your Web server again.