ASP.Net Code Not Firing

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by MDW, Apr 23, 2008.

  1. MDW

    MDW Guest

    I just enabled IIS on my computer but apparently my configuration isn't quite
    right. I have the following code below in a "test.aspx" file, but when I
    bring it up in my browser, I get a blank page.

    I've already granted the "ASPNET" user Admin rights on this computer and
    used that as the default account for anonymous access. I'm probably missing
    something basic but I can't for the life of me figure out.

    Here's the code that doesn't seem to be firing:

    <% @Page Language="VB" Debug="True" %>

    <head>

    <title>ASP.Net Test Site</title>

    </head>

    <%

    Response.Write("<p>Test</p>")

    %>

    --
    Hmm...they have the Internet on COMPUTERS now!
    MDW, Apr 23, 2008

  2. re:
    !> I just enabled IIS on my computer but apparently my configuration isn't quite right.

    Which OS are you running ?

    re:
    > <%
    > Response.Write("<p>Test</p>")
    > %>

    That is ASP code, not ASP.NET code.

    Try something like this :
    <form id="test" runat="server">
    <asp:label id="name" runat="server" />Label Test<br/>
    </form>

    That will tell you if ASP.NET code is being processed.
    If it is being processed, a label with the text "Label Test" will be displayed.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 23, 2008

  3. MDW

    Madhur Guest

    Its not just IIS, you also need ASP setup on this machine.

    --
    Madhur

    Madhur, Apr 23, 2008
  4. MDW

    MDW Guest

    Yes, that's what the problem was, more or less.

    Found the speicifc solution at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;325093

    MDW, Apr 23, 2008
  5. re:
    !> Its not just IIS, you also need ASP setup on this machine.

    I'm well aware of that, but the OS type is needed
    in order to be able to recommend courses of action.

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 23, 2008