asp.net extracting excel charts from an Excel file

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Robbe Morris [C# MVP], Dec 15, 2006.

  1. We own a variety of components that work with Excel files
    in a web environment (of course we can't use Excel
    automation in a high traffic web environment). SpreadSheet Gear (great
    component),
    Syncfusion, formula one, and various others.

    However, none of them appear to have the capability of
    discovering a chart in Excel and extracting it as a byte array
    or offer a conversation between its discovered settings to
    a chart control of their own.

    My app needs to discover the chart and render it on the
    web. It has no knowledge of the Excel cells used
    to calculate it or any appearance attributes at design time.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    On a side note, I sent an email to spreadsheet gear asking
    this question. No later than 60 seconds after pressing
    the send button in Outlook, I get a phone call from them
    with an answer. Not only is their product really good
    but the service is extraordinary.

    --
    Robbe Morris - 2004-2006 Microsoft MVP C#
    I've mapped the database to .NET class properties and methods to

    Robbe Morris [C# MVP], Dec 15, 2006