ASP.NET Forms Authentication don't work on some Window XP

May BA via .NET 247

(Type your message here)
I am working on ASP.NET project where I am using formauthentication, it seems to work fine on all OS including XPexcept on some XP machines in the department, I have been toldthat these machines are ghosted, which mean that they crashed inthe past, so they installed XP on them. The authentication isdeveloped using custom ticket authentication.

Dim strRoles As String = AssignRoles(USRole)
FormsAuthentication.Initialize()

Dim ticket As FormsAuthenticationTicket = NewFormsAuthenticationTicket( _
1, _
USID.ToString, _
DateTime.Now, _
DateTime.Now.AddMinutes(30), _
True, _
strRoles)

Dim hash As String =FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(ticket)
Dim cookie1 As HttpCookie = NewHttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName, hash)

cookie1.Expires = ticket.Expiration
Response.Cookies.Add(cookie1)

One time I changed the authentication persistent attribute fromtrue to false, it seemed to work for a while but now it is notworking any more. I noticed that after the user login, theauthentication cookie was created, however; it is lost afterredirecting the user to another page. Also, it seems to workfine if I use

FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(Username, True)

However; I need to use Custom Authentication cookie. Any Ideas?

Irishmaninusa

did you ever get this sorted out. Reason for asking is because I have seen
this in a site I am currently working on. On the server I can't get past the
login screeen. Yet while working on the site in VS.NET it allows me to
continue on. And at one point if I tried to access the site from the server
itself it would log me in, but that is no longer the case now. So I saw your
problem down below and was wondering if you had solved it or not.