Asp.Net Forms authentication using Active Directory

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RWdiZXJ0?=, Nov 3, 2004.

  1. Hi.

    I am using forms authentication in ASP.Net against Active Directory.

    I have followed the example provided by Microsoft. Here is my problem.

    Standard practise for AD Administrators is to flag the account to change the
    password when he logs in. Also that passwords expire after 30 days.

    If any of these conditions are true the sample code from MS simply returns
    the error message: "Bad username or password". This happens the second the
    code tries to bind to AD. It does not tell me that the user has to change his
    password or that his password has expired but simple that it is a "Bad
    username or password".

    Has anyone come accross this or have any ideas.

    *Ps I did not implement the portion of code where they create a generic
    pricipal object etc as I do not need any other info from AD other than
    checking the username or password. Could this have anything to do with the
    problem?

    --
    Regards

    Egbert