ASP.NET Membership Question

JP

Hi ,
In our intranet, we need a custom windows based authentication where
we would have the following
1. All User accounts are valid domain NT ID's
2. Active Directory Group WOULD NOT be used to decide application access.
Since access is really on a case to case basis. We plan to have a table
which stores the NT ID and the application id if the user has access to the
application. If the user is not found then it means that he or she has no
access
3.Only Authenticated Clients should access the application
4. Would like to Use the ASP.NET membership providers and Role providers to
leverage the benefits

Is it possible to write a custom membership provider that would help us?
What would be the best approach?
Thanks in advance