    iis 5.1 and have installed .Net Framework Version 1.1 Rdistirbutable
    Package.

    Thanks.

    fripper, Oct 28, 2005

  2. There is not "ASP.NET" account.

    There *is* an "ASPNET" account under Windows XP, though,
    but it only works for ASP.NET if you are not impersonating.

    Are you impersonating ?
    Did you try to "add" the ASPNET account to the ACLs ?

    Juan T. Llibre, ASP.NET MVP
    ASP.NET FAQ : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 28, 2005

  3. fripper

    fripper Guest

    I'm afraid you lost me. I don't know what you mean by "impersonating". I
    have not tried to add the ASPNET account to the ACL's ... don't even know
    hpow to do that.

    fripper, Oct 28, 2005
  4. re:

    You said you had done this :

    >>When I right-click the file in question and select the Security tab ASP.NET is not
    >>listed under User Names ... but Internet Guest

    > Account and Launch IIS Process Account are listed

    Once you do that...do you see an "Add" button ?

    Clicking the "Add" button starts the process of adding
    an account to the list of accounts permitted to access that file.

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 28, 2005
  5. fripper

    fripper Guest

    Thanks Juan ... I appreciate your help. Problem seems to be fixed.

    fripper, Oct 28, 2005
  6. Great!

    It's the simple things which stump us the most.

    Sometimes I've stared at screens and googled for hours,
    getting exactly nowhere but if I show the problem to someone
    else, or even if I just take a break for a while, the answer
    appears almost automagically.

    ;-)

    Juan T. Llibre, Oct 28, 2005