asp.net pages not taking style formatting from themes

Guest

I have a themes css file that has the following settings:

..leftpane
{
color:Navy;
font-family: Verdana;
background-color: #ccffcc;
font-size: small;
width: 81px;
padding-left: 2px;
}

..mainpane
{
padding-left: 50px;

I am trying to get my asp.net pages to take the width and padding-left
settings from the css file and they don't work. I have the class tags in my
masterpage.

leftpane</td>
<asp:contentplaceholder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
</asp:contentplaceholder>

If I enter the style="width: 81px" and style="padding-left: 20px" padding in
masterpage it works, but not through css. I'm I missing something?

thanks
Nick

Guest

May be you try to put something before " .leftpane " such as td.leftpane
Hope this will help you.

Guest

Thanks, that worked. By the way, why did I need that "td." in my css file?
I also noticed that I didn't need to define my class with "td.", I just
simple said class=mainpane and it worked. Thanks again.

nick