ASP.Net querying Active Directory works on one page and not anothe

Guest

I have built a single class in vb.Net to handle all active directory
authentication needed in my web app. People can sign into the website with
no problem. There is also a second form of authentication that users can
have to access the website. When they use the second form (uses db backend),
I see if I know their AD username (stored in db). If I don't know AD
username, I put up a form asking for credentials.

When you put in your credentials after you've authenticated with the second
db backed authentication, it will return a
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException saying that the username or
password was incorrect. Unfortunately, the username/password that was
entered is generally correct. It has never authenticated successfully. I'm
using AuthenticationTypes.Secure for the directory entry object.

The code works perfectly fine on an XP SP 2 machine (tried even a clean
install XP SP 2 and still works). When I move it to our test Win 2003
server, it doesn't work. If I moved it to Win 2003 SP 1 production server,
it doesn't work.
I need suggestions right now to try to get this to work, please.