ASP Net - Server Application Error

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Alex, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Alex

    Alex Guest

    Hello,

    I am after one week trying to make working IIS with ASP
    Net. I am really dissapointed about this situation.

    I tried every advice, article and so on... .
    It is not working... Constantly I am receiving the
    following error:

    Server Application Error
    The server has encountered an error while loading an
    application during the processing of your request. Please
    refer to the event log for more detail information.
    Please contact the server administrator for assistance.

    The IIS log contains the following:

    #Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.1
    #Version: 1.0
    #Date: 2004-10-26 02:30:02
    #Fields: time c-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem sc-status
    02:30:02 127.0.0.1 GET /mybank/MyBank.htm 200
    02:30:02 127.0.0.1 GET /mybank/mybank001002.jpg 200
    02:30:02 127.0.0.1 GET /mybank/mybank001004.gif 200
    02:30:02 127.0.0.1 GET /mybank/mybank001006.gif 200
    02:30:02 127.0.0.1 GET /mybank/mybank001003.gif 200
    02:30:02 127.0.0.1 GET /mybank/mybank001005.gif 200
    02:30:02 127.0.0.1 GET /mybank/mybank001001.gif 200
    02:30:11 127.0.0.1 GET /mybank/MyBank.aspx 500

    You notice that the HTML page is delivered by the IIS.
    I added the NTFS permissions to the folder, adding every
    possible user, but still not working.

    I downloaded the MS tool named: Auth Diagnostics.
    I get the same error on the root folder "Default Website":
    Server Application Error.

    Interesting fact is when I verify the access to
    the "mybank" folder it says: HTTP 1.1 403 Access Forbiden.
    That's really strange since all the NTFS properties were
    setup correctly. I added the IUSR user also.

    IIS was uninstaled so many times that I don't remember...
    Yes, the ASP Net was registered each time with IIS, and
    also the Dot Net framework was repaired as MS suggests.

    I suspect that COM+ is not properly installed and because
    of that, since IIS relies a lot on it is simply not
    working. I followed the advice of several articles how to
    repair the COM+ but is not working...

    I get an error saying that "an event interface couldn't
    be registered". As a result of that if I go to Component
    Console, when I click on the COM+ I got an error message
    saying: "class not registered" and my access to COM+ is
    dead... .

    According with some articles the IWAM user must be setup
    thru that Component console in order for IIS to work
    properly, but I can't do it because COM+ is not
    installing correctly that particular interface.

    I'll appreciate your advice in this situation.

    With best regards,
    Alex

    Alex, Oct 26, 2004