ASP.NET session state lost!!!

Guest

Any ASP.NET web application I put on my web server looses session state! I tried the exact same script on two different web servers, and they work perfectly

Got any suggestions of what could be going wrong

First things first, I will tell you everything I have already checked
* I do have an ASPNET account, and I gave the account permission to the entire wwwroot folder (and subfolders
* The two IUSR_blahblahblah and IWAM_blahblahblah accounts also have access to wwwroot (and subfolders
* wwwroot has permission to execute web apps (this is where the page resides.
* I have all the latest updates installed (Windows 2000 server.
* I can take the exact same page, put it on another Windows 2000 server, and it works great
* Also, this error happens on ANY ASP.NET application/script
* This error is not language specific (happens in both VB.NET and C#
* If the page is coded in standard ASP, it works fine

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ashish

ASP.Confused said:
[...]

whats the session state setting in the web.config file ?, if it is
StateServer then you need to run a service, if its inProc it should work

you can use aspnet_regiis utility to unregister and register aspnet dll
again

make sure your session statements are gaurded by try catch blocks...

hth
-ashish

Chris Botha

If you have an anti-virus program running on your server, disable it, and
try again.