ASP.NET Webservices for a single application

Albert Greinöcker

Hi NG,

I habe a very general question concerning offering webservices for a single
application: What is the best way to do so? My concrete problem is the
following: I have a batch-processor running on my machine, where several
batches should be initiated via webservice. What is the best way to
integrate such services within an application. I tried .NET remoting with
SOAP as protocol, and it worked (more or less) from a Java-Client using AXIS
(but this solution is not recommended by microsoft). Because of this, I
would like to change to ASP.NET webservices, but the integration into my
application is not as easy as when using .NET remoting. I also thought about
running my application as a windows service, but there is no way to define
custom methods for such a service (am I right?).

So, could someone please give me a hint and guide me into the right
direction?

thx,
Albert