ASP not picking up new page, very strange.

Bruce Hodge

Hi All,

I've got a page with a couple of Datagrids on it and for some reason the
page is no longer being picked up by the framework and a very old version is
being displayed instead. When I say old it is probably a .Net 1.0 and then
some time back in development as well.

The strange thing is if you hook up the debugger and pause it the old page
won't display?? I've googled the groups and not found anything, suggestions
please.

Bruce H

Masood Akthar

Have you tried deleting files from the folder named
VSWebCache\<your site name>? Also you can give a
different name to your page than the older page.

Hope this helps.

Bruce Hodge

Hi Masood,

I cleared out the cache files, but there was nothing for the guilty file! I
also renamed it with no joy.

So I started doing a line by line comparison with a working page and viola!
For some reason the Page_Load Event handler had been dropped by VS. The
method has now been corrected back to the listing below and all is working
again.

private void InitializeComponent()

Bruce H