ASP Page on WSS Site, why dont they work?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Scott Townsend, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it I get
    'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web that is
    running Windows Sharepoint Services?

    Thanks,
    Scott<-

    ------------

    <head>
    <title>Check out query string -</title>
    </head>

    Test
    <% Response.write("Hello World") %>

    Scott Townsend, Apr 20, 2005

  2. "Scott Townsend" <scott-i@.-N0-SPAMplease.enm.com> wrote in message
    > I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it I

    get
    > 'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web that is
    > running Windows Sharepoint Services?

    Should work. Did you enable ASP in the web service extensions?

    --
    Tom Kaminski IIS MVP
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    Tom Kaminski [MVP], Apr 20, 2005

  3. Scott Townsend wrote:
    > I have the following code in a file called test.asp and when I run it
    > I get 'Test'... Is there something about running .ASP Pages on a Web
    > that is running Windows Sharepoint Services?

    With IIS6, ASP is disabled by default. You need to explicitly turn it on:
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2147

    Bob Barrows
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 20, 2005
  4. Thank you guys for your replies.

    Though I do have other webs on the server that are running ASP pages. And
    I've also checked the ASP Web Service Extension.

    Its not like it is not executing the code, the HTML portion of the ASP pages
    are getting displayed, its just like the ASP code is not getting Executed.

    I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that it is a WSS site and all
    the other pages are .ASPX or HTML pages...

    Thanks,
    Scott<-

    Scott Townsend, Apr 20, 2005
  5. Scott Townsend

    Mark Schupp Guest

    If you "view source" do you see the ASP code?
    Try a page with only VBScript on it.

    <%@ Language=VBScript %>
    <%
    %>

    What do you get?

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Apr 20, 2005
  6. Page returns nothing, its completely blank.

    If I do a View Source, I get:

    <%@ Language=VBScript %>
    <%
    %>

    Here is the URL:
    http://www.helpfoundation.com/test.asp

    Thanks!

    Scott Townsend, Apr 20, 2005
  7. Scott Townsend

    Mark Schupp Guest

    Your server is not processing ASP scripts. You will need to check your IIS
    settings.
    Make sure that ASP is enabled and that .asp and .asa extensions are mapped
    to asp.dll

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Apr 20, 2005
  8. Thank you for your reply...

    I've checked the http://server/BlockedFileType.aspx Blocked File Types, and
    ASP is not listed. ASA, is however

    On the Application Configuration, ASP files are mapped to:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
    Though the verbs are limeted to: GET,HEAD,POST,TRACE

    Hmmm

    Thanks,
    Scott<-

    Scott Townsend, Apr 21, 2005
  9. Scott Townsend

    Mark Schupp Guest

    > On the Application Configuration, ASP files are mapped to:
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\asp.dll
    > Though the verbs are limeted to: GET,HEAD,POST,TRACE

    That is correct.

    That's as far as my knowledge of IIS6 goes. You might want to ask on an IIS
    newsgroup.

    Have you seen this link yet
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2476

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Apr 22, 2005
  10. Thank you for the Reply... Though I think I found the issue. You cant
    really have ASP and ASP pages on the same site without excluding the ASP
    folder from the WSS Site.

    I followed this to get a folder to run ASP files:
    http://www.asaris-matrix.com/mvp-walsh/Lists/WSS FAQ/DispForm.aspx?ID=329

    Though now I cannot get that folder to show up in FrontPage to allow me to
    edit the pages... )-;

    Thanks,
    Scott<-

    Scott Townsend, Apr 22, 2005