<asp:PasswordRecovery>

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ned.kraushaar@earthlink.net, Jun 5, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Currently, the email that gets sent to a user with a new password is
    very cryptic:

    Please return to the site and log in using the following information.
    User Name: nedkraushaar
    Password: @(])1L7s!.xUD5

    I would like to add some additional text and found that one can use
    custom text specified in a text file by using the <MailDefinition> tags
    within the <asp:passwordRecovery> tags such as below:

    <MailDefinition From=""
    Subject="Your new password"
    BodyFileName="/docs/PasswordMail.txt"
    IsBodyHtml="True"
    Priority="Normal"
    </MailDefinition>

    Problem is keeping UserName and Password in the letter. I'm wondering
    if this text file needs to be generated on the fly to include the
    user's information in the OnSendingMail event of the password recovery
    control or if there is a better way.

    Ned

    , Jun 5, 2006

  2. clintonG Guest

    We can write our own "PasswordMail.txt" file and we can include two optional
    expressions in the body of the .txt file to be sent. I have not tried using
    HTML. I send ASCII text. Keep it brief and written with clarity. I also
    include the name of a company or domain in the subject which helps
    communicate more clearly.

    UserName: <%UserName%>
    New Password Code: <%Password%>
    <%= Clinton Gallagher