    could this be done ????

    thanks alot
    noha khalifa
    NohaKhalifa, Feb 25, 2004

  2. NohaKhalifa

    Evertjan. Guest

    NohaKhalifa wrote on 25 feb 2004 in
    > I have an asp file and i'm running it from my pc web server, this file
    > submits a form to another asp File but not in my pc on another web
    > server i connected to it through internet .

    The form-submitting is done with the html part of your page, thare is no
    asp invloved in that other than in the serverside composing of the page..

    > I need to check if client connected to the internet from my asp file
    > on my pc .

    Do you mean:

    "If your server can check if the other webserver is accepting the form
    data"

    ?

    Your server will not see that, but the user's browser could see the
    resulting page, if there is one. This has nothing to do with your page
    anyore.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Feb 25, 2004

  3. NohaKhalifa

    NohaKhalifa Guest

    Dear Sir,

    I don't want to check if the second web server receives my data, all
    what i want to do is to check if i'm connected to the internet or not
    before sending data to the second web server .

    because i'll only send data if there is connection to the internet, i
    have asp code i need it only run if there is connection .

    thanks alot
    NohaKhalifa
    NohaKhalifa, Feb 26, 2004
  4. NohaKhalifa

    Evertjan. Guest

    NohaKhalifa wrote on 26 feb 2004 in
    > I don't want to check if the second web server receives my data, all
    > what i want to do is to check if i'm connected to the internet or not
    > before sending data to the second web server .
    >
    > because i'll only send data if there is connection to the internet, i
    > have asp code i need it only run if there is connection .

    ASP-page data is only sent if asked for by the receiving browser.

    If there is no connection there can be no asking.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Feb 26, 2004