asp to html

Brent Bortnick

We have an asp page that creates a calendar. This page is called from a main
page that refreshes every five minutes. Every time it refreshes it rebuilds
the calendar (taxing the server speed). What I want to do is once the
calendar is created, convert it to an html file and call the html page
instead of the asp page. We will set it up so that the html page will be
rebuilt only if there are changes made to it. I figure there must be a script
that will do this conversion...any suggestions. Thank You

McKirahan

Brent Bortnick said:
We have an asp page that creates a calendar. This page is called from a main
page that refreshes every five minutes. Every time it refreshes it rebuilds
the calendar (taxing the server speed). What I want to do is once the
calendar is created, convert it to an html file and call the html page
instead of the asp page. We will set it up so that the html page will be
rebuilt only if there are changes made to it. I figure there must be a script
that will do this conversion...any suggestions. Thank You

Use FSO (FileSystemObject) to save the HTML generated
by the ASP page as an HTML file and change all references
to use this page.

Say "calendar.asp" generates "calendar.htm".
Then run "calendar.asp" whenever the calendar data changes.