ASP Variable interception and Redirecting Results

gabe

Hello as a user of some intranet corporate ASP application, I face some
hard times filling up some asp-pages forms to get some data out of the
server. It happens than you need to feel up many forms in order to get
your data retrieved.
I would like to know if there is a way i could emulate the information
sent to the server from my computer in an other way ( programming a
Httprequest or similar and specially from excel). I would prefer also
getting the data back directely on my Ms Excel instead on the page web.
Would anyone happen to know how could i achieve this ?
Is there a way I could intercept the posted variables names and their
content in Asp ?
How could I capture the infomation sent by the server to the html page
directely on my MsExcel sheet ?
Thanks

Anthony Jones

gabe said:
Hello as a user of some intranet corporate ASP application, I face some
hard times filling up some asp-pages forms to get some data out of the
server. It happens than you need to feel up many forms in order to get
your data retrieved.
I would like to know if there is a way i could emulate the information
sent to the server from my computer in an other way ( programming a
Httprequest or similar and specially from excel). I would prefer also
getting the data back directely on my Ms Excel instead on the page web.
Would anyone happen to know how could i achieve this ?
Is there a way I could intercept the posted variables names and their
content in Asp ?
How could I capture the infomation sent by the server to the html page
directely on my MsExcel sheet ?
Thanks

Use this tool to monitor how your browser talks to the server:-

http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/

Then use XMLHTTP to emulate it.

As far as getting the results into excel you may be able to automated the
saving of the responses to htm and opening the htms in excel. Otherwise it
could get tricky. Even if the site responds with xml (possibly xhtml) which
makes parsing the response easier you'd need to drive excel automation move
the data from the response to a sheet

..