ASPNETDB: dev machine to server

BobF

Scenario:

I have a dev machine with VS2005Pro, WinXPSP2. I create a web site with
authentication built with the ASP.Net Configuration Tool in VS2005.

The site, login and all other functionality are fine when tested on the dev
machine.

I use copy web site to 'deploy' the site to a W2003R2 server. The
authentication process doesn't recognize the password. All other web
functionality is fine. With SSMSE I can see that the request is actually
being processed by SS2005E.

Is this likely to be an encryption problem due to differing machine keys or
something similar?

What is the recommended approach to moving ASPNETDB from
the dev machine to a server?

BobF

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure if this kind of 'niggly' work should
really be required.

I'm actually moving the database as part of the transfer and it appears to
be properly registered. I'll keep digging