aspx files not designing right on new computer

Guest

Recently I got a new laptop and placed my Visual Studio 2003
project on it. But when I place my aspx files in design mode
the aspx files don't design right. I used grid layout (not flow) and
many tables. But the tables overlap on the new laptop when thet did
not on the old one. Is there something wrong with my Visual Studio install
or the settings on the new laptop. Any suggestions? Also I am running
VS 2005 on the same machine (hope that does not complicate things).

Thanks in advance

- Ed

Patrice

Have you check their coordinates ?What if you just move the table ?. I would
favor flow layout (and use a style if you really need to place something at
a particular x/y location).

Rob Meade

Recently I got a new laptop and placed my Visual Studio 2003
project on it. But when I place my aspx files in design mode
the aspx files don't design right. I used grid layout (not flow) and
many tables. But the tables overlap on the new laptop when thet did
not on the old one. Is there something wrong with my Visual Studio
install
or the settings on the new laptop. Any suggestions? Also I am running
VS 2005 on the same machine (hope that does not complicate things).

Hi Ed,

Not entirely sure I can help with your problem - but I have had 2003 and
2005 running side by side on the same box with no problems at all - which
was nice as I didn't want to go updating all of my applications the next
time they needed a change!

One thing that caused me a few headaches until I realised what it was was
when I used a "em" in my style sheets for text sizes - I hadn't fully
understood how they worked, ie, proportional to what they are contained in -
so often in 2005 everything became TINY and hard to read in design view, yet
when run properly everything was fine...

Sorry if none of this helps..

Regards

Rob

Guest

Patrice -

Thank you for your reply. This is a large application with many aspx files
and many tables. Too many tables and aspx files to modify. I checked on
both my last 2 laptops and they work OK there. There must be something
different in this install of VS 2003 or this particular laptop. I wish I
could get it to work on this latest laptop, since this is the best laptop my
employer has given me thus far.

Regards...Ed

Will Asrari

Are the display resolutions the same?

"I would favor flow layout (and use a style if you really need to place
something at a particular x/y location)."

I couldn't agree more.