    global _asm_main

    _asm_main:

    enter 0,0 ; setup routinepusha

    Jeremy Cowles, Sep 10, 2003

  2. CTRL+Enter sent my mail pre-maturely.

    So, as I was saying, I have this asm code that specifies the following code
    segments:

    ..text
    ..data
    ..bss

    Are these segment names actually coded into the .EXE, or are they just
    something that my Assembler understands? I am using NASM, and GCC, and am
    linking C objects in with some assembly from a tutorial.

    TIA,
    Jeremy

    Jeremy Cowles, Sep 10, 2003

  3. Jeremy Cowles wrote:

    > CTRL+Enter sent my mail pre-maturely.
    >
    > So, as I was saying, I have this asm code that specifies the following code
    > segments:
    >
    > .text
    > .data
    > .bss
    >
    > Are these segment names actually coded into the .EXE, or are they just
    > something that my Assembler understands? I am using NASM, and GCC, and am
    > linking C objects in with some assembly from a tutorial.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Jeremy

    You are aware that this is comp.lang.c++?

    Your question has nothing to do with C++ but everything
    to do with assembler.

    --
    Karl Heinz Buchegger

    Karl Heinz Buchegger, Sep 10, 2003
  4. > Your question has nothing to do with C++ but everything
    > to do with assembler.

    Wasn't thinking, sorry.

    Jeremy Cowles, Sep 10, 2003
  5. Do you know of a good assembly group? The only ones i could find were
    absoultly dead.

    Jeremy Cowles, Sep 10, 2003
  6. > > Do you know of a good assembly group? The only ones i could find were
    > > absoultly dead.

    > comp.lang.asm.x86
    >
    > seems to be alive and well.

    Thanks!

    Jeremy Cowles, Sep 10, 2003
  7. Jeremy Cowles

    osmium Guest

    Jeremy Cowles writes:

    > Do you know of a good assembly group? The only ones i could find were
    > absoultly dead.

    comp.lang.asm.x86

    seems to be alive and well.

    osmium, Sep 10, 2003